10 Best Popcorn Maker Reviews
A popcorn maker is basically a kitchen appliance or machine used for heating of corn to prepare popcorn by just hot air or some bit of oil. They usually use electricity to heat the corn until they pop to become popcorn. With a popcorn maker, you have easier time and process in the making process. This article gives of the best popcorn maker reviews if you desire to have the best guaranteed quality popcorn.
1. Westbend 82306 Stir Crazy Electric Best Popcorn Maker
This popcorn maker made by Westbend that comes equipped with a motorized stirring rod which enables each corn to pop every time, such that the popcorn is ready in just 5 minutes. It requires just one tablespoon of oil per every quarter cup of corn.
– Produces excellent tasting popcorn
– Equipped with a coating that does not stick
– Heating of the popcorn is quick and effective, in just five minutes of your time
– The popcorn may have more moisture than normal
– If not well preserved, it may leak oil or not heat the corn to the required temperature
2. Cuisinart CPM 100 Easy pop Hot Air Popcorn Maker
This refers to a popcorn maker from Cuisinart that comes equipped with a popping chamber, where the popped corns or kernels go to. It uses hot air to pop the corn and does not use oil, where it can make up to 10 cups of popcorn.
– Makes sweet and healthy popcorns, where you do not need to add any oil.
– Designed in such a way that the ready popcorn can be sent directly to a waiting bowl, hence retaining the fresh and nice taste of popcorn.
– Easy to clean when finished with the making of the popcorn
– Not really quiet while making the popcorn
– Popcorn may pop by force and sometimes push the plastic dome up, hence, you need to be around when making popcorn with it.
3. Great Northern Popcorn Machine Retro style Popcorn Popper
This is a retro-style home popcorn maker that comes equipped with a removable tray as well as a kettle and a warming light that keeps the popcorn hot. It also comes equipped with a measuring spoon and cup.
– Makes popcorn with incredible sweet taste
– Makes enough popcorn for a family serving
– From a customer review, it is not as long lasting as it only lasted for a couple of weeks.
– Some corn/kernel will get stuck in the pot.
4. Nostalgia KPM508 Vintage Collection Kettle Popcorn Popper
This refers to a popcorn maker that comes equipped with a stainless steel kettle measuring 2.5 ounces and a stirring system which can be used to make up to 10 popcorn(s) at a go. It has a glass window that allows you to see the popcorn as they pop and a classic look!
– Able to make plenty of popcorn within a short time
– Lot of power, enabling it to make popcorn for hours
– Makes tasty popcorn
– Quite difficult to clean as you need to dismantle all of it for the process
– Need time for preheating the pot, such that you can start heating the corn
– Quite loud for use
5. Great Northern Popcorn Steel Stove
This is a popcorn stove popper made of stainless steel with a design that is able to allow moisture to get out during the process such that the popcorn is hot and delicious. It also comes with a vented lid to reduce the moisture.
– Stainless steel material for the easy and quick heating of the popcorn
– Cheap and convenient for its price
– The lid is not fastened and may fall off after or during use
– Handle or wood knob may not be very stiff and can come out or disengage after use for a while.
6. Orville Redenbacher Hot Air Corn Popper
This is a popcorn popper/maker from Presto that is able to heat the popcorn with just hot air and does not need oil. It is also faster and healthier than most other types of popcorn. It is also best for a low-calorie treat
– Great popper as it produces high-quality popcorn
– Produces plenty of popcorn within just a short time of use
– Throw off popcorn if you do not know how to handle it properly
– Starts overheating when used for a while
7. Great Northern Popcorn Retro Style Popcorn Popper Machine
This refers to one of a kind popcorn maker that comes with an option of removing the tray after use, where you simply slide out the tray. It also has a 100-watt bulb that enables you to see the inside as the popcorn is prepared.
– Works well for its functionality, making great and tasty popcorn- Produces plenty of popcorn within a short time
– Easy to clean kettle
– The popcorn may get stuck in the machine if you do not know how to use it well
8. Orville Redenbacher’s Fountain Hot Air Popper
This refers to a popcorn popper made by Presto that resembles a fountain, where the heated popcorn pops on the surface of the ‘fountain-like’ popper. It also uses hot air to heat the popcorn and it is equipped with stainless steel restrictors that help in its performance. It serves up to 20 cups of popcorn in just 3 minutes.
– Makes plenty and great popcorn within a span of a very short time
– Lower noise levels
– On/Off switch not found located in the machine
9. Hamilton Beach 73310 Party Popper Popcorn Maker
This is a popcorn maker that has been crafted for a party experience! It enables one to customize popcorn to be suitable to everyone’s taste. It automatically stirs the kernels as they pop around the cooking surface, for them to be fluffy and sweet.
– Easy to serve and makes great popcorn- It has a bowl that can also be used to serve the popcorn- Makes plenty of popcorn within a short time
– If not seasoned, the surface may be sticky
– Takes a lot of cabinet space
10. Cuisinart CPM Easy-pop Popcorn Maker
This is a Popcorn maker by Cuisinart equipped with built-in ventilation and bowl cover as well as a stirring arm for mixing. It also has special holes at the bowl to enable moisture to escape. It makes up to 16 cups of popcorn.
– Able to make perfect popcorn throughout-It is quick to make popcorn within a short time
-Pops almost all the kernels
– The latches that hold the red plate are weak, and hence easily breakable
– The plastic cover obtains heat very easily
Qn. What happens if you use the item without using oil?
Ans. It may not work very well as it needs some oil
Qn. What kind of oil needs to be used?
Ans. You can use any type of oil that you use to cook.
Qn. Can you add sugar with the oil to make the popcorn heat faster?
Ans. No, it will burn and the results will be terrible
Popcorn is usually a delicacy snack for almost everyone. Therefore, in order to get the best popcorn maker, it is important to know the desires of those consuming it, or what can make the best quality as seen and discussed in this review, and you will never forget the tasteful experience!